Saturday, April 7, 2012

Book Publishing Party!

We recently sent off a class book to be published and it's back! I've been doing this for a few years now and I love how excited the kids get when they see their writing in an actual hard-cover book. So this year we celebrated with a book publishing party complete with punch, cookies, and the very first reading of our book. They even made toasts and clinked their plastic cups together. It was a hit with my little authors!

I posted about the books last year too. Go here to read and get details if you're interested in getting student books published for FREE too!

Speaking of authors, I got to meet and listen to Jane O'Connor read her latest Fancy Nancy book at a signing a few weeks ago. Makes me want to be a children's author. How fun would that be to travel around reading your books to little ones at books stores and schools?
(Don't you love her fancy accessories?)

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter day tomorrow! Don't you throw out those egg cartons though, I've got a plan for them and freebies coming soon.

9 comments:

  1. We publish a class book, too! We give it to them at our Mother's Day Tea.... the moms love it!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I'll have to remember that for next year.

      Delete
  2. Is this from Student Treasures? I love to publish books from them. That little girl looks so proud. Isn't that what it's all about?! Thanks for sharing!

    Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lori, that's the company! So easy to put together (well, getting them to write neatly in pen is not so easy) and then send it off and poof, you have a book!

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of doing this before! I am going to check out your other post on it! I am your newest follower!

    Michelle

    Apples and ABC's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, my class uses the Student Treasures program each year too! We love it!

    This year our book was "Adjectives, A to Z" :)

    I'm your newest follower and I'd love for you to stop by my blog!
    Marie
    www.cotesclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you able to recognize the material's major concepts? Can you come up with instances of each concept on your own? Psychology Homework Help can do good research for students.

    ReplyDelete