Sunday, March 13, 2011

Math Daily Routines: The Secret Number

The secret number is something I've been doing for 2 years now (ever since I got this awesome calendar!).

We do secret number acitvities right after our quick calendar meeting while the kids are still on the carpet. Every Monday I give clues and my kids figures out the "secret number of the week" and we do a different activity with the secret number each day. I typed the clues on little cards and I have enough for each week of the year. I finally put all the activities together to make a packet.

You can open the directions below to see what it's all about and you can check out the whole pack on TpT. This is the first thing I've actually put on there for more than free, so I'm a little nervous. I see so many other teachers successfully selling their hard work and hey, it'd be great to have an extra dollar. But then I also know how nice it is get great ideas and printables without paying! So I have mixed feelings about doing this. I'll see how it goes. I wonder how most of you feel about it?

Click this image for the directions and examples.

Click this image to go to TpT to download the whole pack. Thanks! I'd love any suggestions =).

7 comments:

  1. Ok...LOVE it! I added it to my TpT wishlist! Can't wait to download it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deedee! I hope you love using it=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok... So I downloaded it, copied, laminated, posted it around my calendar. My kinders are going to start on it tomorrow. Great product!

    Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same calendar and have been looking for ways to incorporate fun ways to think of numbers. Your idea is wonderful! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Believe it or not, I am going to use your idea in my French classes! What a perfect way to expand their vocabulary.
    ... And, what a sweetie you are to share this wonderful idea with all of us. I will also let the first grade teacher at our school know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you get the calendar?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karyn- the calendar is from Lakeshore. It was pretty pricey, but I get so much use out of it so I'd say it's worth it. I got a smartboard at the end of this year though so now I will probably try to make or find a calendar that fits my routines to use on the smartboard.

    ReplyDelete